Marble flooring has been used for thousands of years. During the early years, marble symbolized wealth and power. In fact, they were used to adorn many architectural masterpieces that have been built throughout history. Today, marble flooring can be seen in houses from different parts of the world.
Are you considering installing marble tile in your home? If so, you may want to weigh the pros and cons of this beautiful flooring material before making a final decision.
MARBLE FLOORING: PROS
- Unique Tile Flooring: Every marble tile has its own unique personality. With all their shade variations and whirling patterns, you will never find two marble surfaces that look exactly the same.
- High-quality Appeal: Marble is one of the most elegant flooring materials that you can find. Sleek, smooth and luxurious are just some of the words that are used to describe the beauty of marble flooring. This naturally occurring material will leave your home with a sense of grandeur.
- Translucence: Because marble is a translucent stone, the material tends to shine when exposed to light. When polished, it gives off a silky smooth and shimmering effect. Polishing also helps bring out the natural color of marble flooring.
MARBLE FLOORING: CONS
- Stains Easily: Marble flooring is a base material. When it comes in contact with acidic substances, a chemical reaction may occur. A small spill of wine, coffee, fruit juice or sauce can leave a permanent stain on your lovely floor.
- Slippery: Marble flooring is not recommended for bathrooms and kitchens. Marble loses its friction when cleaned and polished; thereby, presenting a slipping hazard.
- High Maintenance: Marble flooring can involve more maintenance. Marble tile requires regular upkeep and should be sealed with a quality sealant. A sealer needs to be re-applied every 6 to 12 months in order to maintain its appearance. But the luxurious look marble flooring adds to your home is worthwhile.
Denver Carpet and Flooring has a large selection of quality marble flooring from top manufacturers at competitive low prices. Our flooring specialists can walk you through your flooring options and we can even bring marble tile samples to your home. Our flooring specialists will even take measurements and provide a detailed quote. Visit our store or contact us to schedule your Shop-at-Home experience.