When it comes to popular carpet styles, frieze shouldn’t be left out. This is a type of cut pile carpet featuring tightly twisted yarn. If you want to instantly visualize what frieze carpet looks like, all you have to do is think of the shaggy look of carpets from the ‘60s and ‘70s. But you don’t need to settle for a throwback style of carpeting if you want frieze in your home today, as modern frieze carpet isn’t as “wild” in appearance, so it’s a lot more versatile.
How To Get Started With Denver Carpet & Flooring in Three Easy Steps!
Schedule your free in-home
consultation online or
give us a ring.
Shop at home - We
come to you!
|We Install For You
If it's in stock, we can often install in a week's time. Really!
What makes frieze carpet such a great option for homeowners?
- In addition to being attractive, frieze carpet is also a great choice for active families and areas that get a lot of foot traffic. That’s because the twisted fibers in this durable carpeting effectively hide track marks in high traffic areas like your family room. This carpet can even help conceal dirt and vacuum marks, keeping your floors looking clean and smooth.
- Maintaining this type of carpeting is easy, as all you need to do is vacuum regularly in order to lift up debris, dirt, and dust. When you need a deeper clean, shampooing your carpet is an option. And you can spot clean spills and messes with a carpet cleaner.
- Like Berber carpeting, frieze carpets showcase a unique and fun appearance, but they’re neater than the traditional shag carpeting that was popular in the past. It’s even said that, once you see a true frieze carpet in person, you’ll be able to recognize it right away from that point forward because it has such an interesting look.
- If it’s a soft and cozy carpet that you want to feel under your feet, frieze is naturally supple, so it will help make your floor extra comfortable to walk on, sit on, and even lie down on. Just stick with lower density frieze carpets, as they provide an extra airy feeling under your feet.
- If you want to ensure your carpet will be long-lasting and resistant to wear and tear, frieze won’t let you down in that area either. Simply choose a denser option. Our experts can help you sort through the range of densities available and help you select the one that your family will love most.
- There’s a wide range of options to choose from, so you can find the color that matches your interior design scheme best. And if you’re worried about being able to narrow down your choices, rest assured that our flooring specialists can help you determine what will look great in your home.
Frieze Carpet Features
There’s a bit of confusion when it comes to frieze carpeting vs. textured carpeting, especially because textured carpets can exhibit a similar “shag” appearance. Basically, both of these lovely options will be able to hide footprints, as well as carpet seams, really well. However, frieze carpeting will feature two long strands that have been twisted together, and this carpeting naturally curls over itself, so it creates dimension and texture. Plus, frieze will reflect variations in color whenever you run your hands over it.
Another thing to consider when comparing frieze to textured is price. Generally, true frieze will cost more than textured carpeting, but the benefit is that the carpet will last longer, so it will be a wise investment that can help increase the value of your home.
Frieze Carpet Installation
At Denver Carpet & Flooring, we offer quality carpets at guaranteed low prices, so you can find the perfect flooring option for your home without breaking the bank.
Installing carpeting the right way can be challenging, but you can leave all of the hard work up to our experts. We’ll measure your space, give you a written quote, and provide you with professional carpet installation quickly. This includes preparing your floors, using the right padding, and cutting and installing your carpet so that it looks flawless. Plus, if the carpet you choose is in stock, we can even install it in as little as 3 days!
Contact us or schedule a free estimate today to see some of the latest frieze styles and trends for yourself. You can visit our showroom to see samples, or you can take advantage of our shop-at-home experience and let us bring samples right to you. We’ll help you select the right carpet based on your style preferences, functionality requirements, and budget.
Denver Flooring Tip
There are a few reasons why frieze carpeting is so popular amongst Denver homeowners. Whether you want to install it in your living room, hallway, or bedroom, this soft and comfortable carpet can help maintain the warmth of your home during the harsh Colorado winter. This means that you can feel cozier, and you might even be able to save some money on your energy costs when it comes to heating your home. Then, in the summer when things warm up, you can walk around barefoot while enjoying the comfort of your soft carpet.
In addition to being a top quality carpet for all seasons, frieze is also popular amongst Denver homeowners because it can help hide dirt that gets tracked in from the outdoors by kids and pets. Plus, busy Denver homeowners will appreciate the fact that, even if they don’t vacuum as often as they should, their carpet will still look good.
If you’re ready to browse the many high-quality frieze carpet styles that are available, contact the experts at Denver Carpet & Flooring today to get started!