If it’s luxurious, eco-friendly flooring that you’re after, look no further than wool carpet. Sourced from renewable resources, wool carpeting has many desirable features, so it’s no wonder that it has become an increasingly popular choice amongst homeowners who are in search of a flooring option that will be both attractive and durable.
How To Get Started With Denver Carpet & Flooring in Three Easy Steps!
Schedule your free in-home
consultation online or give us a ring.
Shop at home -
We come to you!
|We Install For You
If it's in stock, we can often install in a week's time. Really!
What makes wool carpet such a great option for homeowners?
- Wool carpeting has strong, natural fibers, so it’s a great choice for homeowners who aren’t interested in synthetic alternatives.
- In addition to being manufactured from a sustainable, renewable resource, wool also boasts excellent fire-resistant properties.
- It even delivers year-round comfort because it can help support optimal indoor humidity levels. It is constantly retaining and releasing moisture, which can help make a home more comfortable in dry climates
- Another reason why wool is so popular is that it’s free of additives, yet it has superior levels of dye fastness. This makes it an ideal choice for households with kids and pets.
- Soft wool carpets maintain their original look and feel for many years, so this flooring is a fabulous choice for those who are hoping to make a wise investment that will help increase the value of their home.
- Because it’s resistant to dirt, and because it repels oils, this flooring option is easy to maintain. Simply vacuum your carpet at least once a week (vacuum high-traffic areas more frequently). It’s best to avoid stiff vacuum brushes and self-adjusting vacuums, though, as they could lead to a “fuzzing” of the beautiful wool fibers, and you certainly don’t want that. And, when it comes to spills and stains, cleaning them promptly will help prevent them from setting in.
- With a wide range of colors and designs to choose from, wool carpeting is a lovely choice for any room that you wish to enhance, from your living room to your bedroom. Our flooring specialists will gladly help you determine which option will look best with the rest of your design scheme.
Wool Carpet Features
Many homeowners fall in love with wool carpet once they feel it because it has a natural, soft, springy, and luxurious texture. Plus, eco-conscious consumers like the fact that this carpeting is made using biodegradable, recyclable, and renewable materials.
Wool also has excellent elasticity that helps preserve its attractive appearance for longer than many of the other fiber options available. So, if it’s a beautiful yet durable flooring that you want to add to your abode, wool carpet is definitely a good place to start.
In terms of design, what makes this carpet unique is the fact that it has a subtle sheen that reflects both artificial and natural light. This helps complement your most creative interior design scheme. Beyond that, wool also helps you create a soothing environment that’s peaceful and quiet because it can absorb sound and reduce echoes.
Although wool carpet tends to be more expensive than other carpeting, it could save you money in the long run because it’s so resilient. While other carpet fibers tend to become worn or compacted over time, wool carpeting can continue looking like new for years, especially when you take good care of your floors.
Wool Carpet Installation
At Denver Carpet & Flooring, we carry a wide selection of wool carpet styles that will provide you with quality and affordability. Our experts can help you weigh the pros and cons of your many choices so you can make the right design decision.
When it’s time to install your carpet, we’ll do everything, from preparing your floors and using the right padding, to cutting and installing your new flooring so that it looks perfect, whether you’re having it installed in your master bedroom, on stairs, or anything in between.
Plus, our flooring specialists can make your shopping experience easy, fun, and convenient. We’ll gladly bring carpet samples right to your home, take measurements, provide a detailed quote, and get your carpet installed quickly.
Free Video or In-Home Consultation
Denver Flooring Tip
Wool is a great carpet choice for Denver homeowners for a few reasons. Firstly, because it has good insulating properties, this flooring may help you save money on your heating and cooling bills throughout the year. No matter what’s going on outside, whether there’s snow on the ground or a heat wave, your home can remain comfortable with the help of wool carpeting.
Beyond that, wool can help repel oil that could be tracked in, so it can be easier to keep your floors clean even if you accidentally walk in with dirty shoes. And it can even repel oils from your skin, so you can walk around barefoot without having to worry.
One drawback to consider, though, is that wool carpeting can fade over time if it’s exposed to too much sun. This can be a limitation, as it’s best to install this flooring in rooms that don’t receive constant sunlight throughout the day.
If you’re ready to browse the many high-quality wool carpet designs that are available, contact the experts at Denver Carpet & Flooring today to get started!