When it comes to tile flooring, granite is a popular choice. This is considered an all-purpose favorite, as it can mimic the look of pristine marble while being harder and denser. Granite is also a good choice because it’s a natural material that doesn’t require harsh chemicals during manufacturing. And with so many different types of granite, varying in thickness, water absorption, grain, finish, and pricing, it will be easy to find the ideal tile for just about any room in your home, from your kitchen to your bathroom.
How To Get Started With Denver Carpet & Flooring in Three Easy Steps!
Schedule your free in-home
consultation online or give us a ring.
Shop at home -
We come to you!
|We Install For You
If it's in stock, we can often install in a week's time. Really!
What makes granite tile such a great option for homeowners?
- Granite is an igneous rock that’s formed under high heat. Therefore, it’s strong and dense, so it’s an optimal choice for high-traffic areas, such as your kitchen.
- To clean your floors, you can simply sweep and mop regularly. You can also use a vacuum without the beater bar on, and you can use a steam mop for extra disinfection. Spills should be cleaned as quickly as possible to avoid stains (difficult stains can be removed with a poultice).
- These tiles are aesthetically pleasing, and they’re a great choice if you’re hoping to add an element of sophistication and elegance to a room. Plus, because granite tiles are polished and high-gloss, they also help reflect light and brighten up a room.
- If you’re hoping to install flooring that will be long-lasting and add value to your home, granite is a good way to go. When properly maintained, this flooring can last a lifetime, but you might need to reseal it periodically.
- Granite tiles are available in an assortment of attractive colors and patterns. And because the designs of these tiles are formed naturally, every tile is unique. With so many choices, our flooring specialists can help you determine what will look best in your home and fit your budget.
Free In-Home Consultation
Granite Tile Features
Granite floor tile has a variety of impressive features, making it a top choice for homeowners who are hoping to have new tile installed to spruce up a room.
First off, because granite is a quartz-based stone that was formed over the course of millions of years through the cooling and solidification of magma or lava, it’s a resilient material. When this tile is properly installed and sealed, it will be highly resistant to scratches, moisture, heat, stains, and acids. It will also work great in all climates, as it doesn’t crack or become damaged during freeze-thaw cycles. For these reasons, you can use granite tiles in indoor and outdoor spaces, and in residential or commercial settings.
In addition to being super strong, granite is also really stylish. A great choice when you wish to enhance the warmer tones in a room, granite’s appearance is unmistakable, thanks to its small flecks and salt-and-pepper patterns. Once you see granite, you’ll be able to recognize it as soon as you walk into a room.
Finally, when shopping for granite tiles, be sure to pay attention to the type of sealer that they’ve been treated with. Pre-sealed granite tile is fairly standard, but knowing the difference between topical and penetrating sealers will help you make the right choice. Basically, while topical sealers work well, they don’t withstand pools of water, so they aren’t ideal for rooms where your floors might be exposed to a lot of moisture. On the other hand, penetrating sealers are absorbed throughout the granite, so they offer better protection against moisture, and will be a better choice for rooms like bathrooms that are exposed to water regularly.
Granite Tile Installation
Because granite is a solid stone that’s very heavy compared to other tile flooring options, it’s one of the harder products to install. Proper subfloor preparation and underlayment is really important, and if the tiles aren’t properly installed, they could end up bending and cracking. To avoid irregularities and damage, it’s best to leave granite flooring installation up to the experts at Denver Carpet & Flooring.
When shopping for the perfect granite tile, our experts can make the experience easy and fun because we’ll gladly bring tile samples right to your home to help you choose the design that’s perfect for any room. Then, we’ll take measurements, provide a detailed quote, and get your granite tiles installed quickly.
At Denver Carpet & Flooring, we have a wide range of high-quality granite tiles from top brands, and we offer them at prices to suit all budgets. Contact us or schedule a free estimate today to see some of the latest granite tile trends for yourself.
Denver Flooring Tip
Granite can be the ideal choice for Denver homeowners hoping to install flooring that will be durable for years to come. As one of the hardest natural stone tiles, it can withstand spills, it is resistant to wear and tear, and it can work well in high-traffic areas in homes with kids and pets.
Like other tiles, granite can feel cold under your feet when the temperature drops. This could make it uncomfortable during cold Denver winters, but you can keep the tiles warm with radiant floor heating. However, this same feature can be beneficial in the summer when you want to feel coolness under your feet because it’s hot out.
Another thing to consider is that granite floors can be slippery, especially when they’re wet. Therefore, it might not be the right choice for homes with seniors or small kids who are at risk of falling and hurting themselves.
Are you ready to browse the many high-quality granite floor tile designs that are available? Contact the experts at Denver Carpet & Flooring today to get started!